Welcome to New Roots
We're working together to give homeless adults a roof over their head, a stable home and provide support to help rebuild lives.
Office Opening Times: 10a.m - 5p.m (Mon - Thurs) 10a.m - 2p.m (Fri)
We Specialise In:
The New Roots Team: New Roots comprises of a variety of different departments, working together to achieve one goal: provide individualised support and direct access accommodation for homeless adults with the end goal of moving residents onto independent accommodation.
- The Management Team: Is made up of 7 knowledgable staff members who ensure the smooth running of New Roots as well as mentoring other staff members to ensure they are working as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- The Housing Team: Includes 10 staff members who are responsible for submitting Housing Benefit Claims as well as ensuring administrative systems are always up to date. They deal first hand with service providers and residents to not only deal with any queries that may arise, but also guarantee that all supporting evidence is provided and supplied to Birmingham City Council in a timely manner.
- The Business Team: Comprises of 7 staff members who, as a whole, regulate the service providers and ensure they are providing the best service possible. This includes: inducting new providers, bringing new properties on, conducting support audits as well as building inspections and ensuring all service providers are up to date with relevant legislations.
- The Support Team: Consists of 5 support workers who provide support to all residents of our directly managed properties. Residents often have complex needs including mental health illnesses, drug and alcohol abuse or offending issues. They visit our properties weekly and offer support to those who want and need it, including taking them to appointments, conducting safe and well being checks and reviews to see how far each person has come.
- Site Staff: New Roots' site staff are responsible for supervising our directly managed buildings as well as ensuring resident's safety. They note down any maintenance or repairs that are needed and relay them back to the logistics team. As well as this, they conduct fortnightly room checks to ensure our residents are active, mentally and emotionally well and also healthy.
- Logistics and Health and Safety: The logistics team are responsible for reactive, responsive and cyclical repairs of our directly managed properties. Along with this, the health and safety team ensure staff are trained on things such as fire marshalling and safeguarding of vulnerable adults as well as making sure properties are safe and HMO compliant.